Friday, April 7, 2017

Ninth Week (AKA Hey I think I'm Onto Something)

Hey everyone, and welcome back to my blog! This week wasn't all that exciting; I've just really been working on my final presentation (May 6th, which, even though it's a little under a month away, feels like it's coming too fast).

The most exciting thing that happened this week was that Churchill hired a new analyst, Ryan, who started working on Friday. He seems cool! He also seems like he's doing a much better job than I was on my first day, so kudos to him.

Other than that, like I mentioned, I've been making real headway on my project. I've got a solid 70% of it finished, and the weekend just started. I hope to have a finished draft to show my on-site mentor, Mrs. Hammond, by Monday. I'm planning on structuring it so that I go over the commercial real estate process, from initial loan request, then to loan analysis, then to brokering, and finally to closing. After that, I'll base my analysis on common factors I found throughout all of my project, or in other words, I'll be looking at what things are important when we are trying to convince potential lenders to invest in a property. So far, I've found that it's property value, market conditions, personal and professional relationships, and expected rate of return for each loan that determine whether or not a loan is attractive to a potential lender or not.

I'm really excited about the way that my presentation looks. I don't want to really spoil anything, but there's a certain satisfaction when everything looks professional and put-together. I used a template from Slides Carnival, a website with a bunch of free powerpoint and google slides templates (10/10 would recommend for google slides, but not so much for powerpoint- there are certain features that are not available in the powerpoint template, so it's been a bit of pain figuring out how to get everything to look just how I want it to). I'm planning on putting together several maps with different radii that will help me explain what it is that makes my specific project valuable, but until I figure out how exactly to put radii on a map, I'll keep the specifics under wraps. The only issue is I'm not entirely done with it and it's already fifty slides, so I have to find a way to make both fit in fifteen minutes and not be boring.

Sorry this week's post was mostly boring, but I hope to have some new cool stuff to tell you about next week!

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your presentation! It seems that you have a bit of an advantage in experience, considering that your project dealt a lot with images and formatting. Keep up the good work for one more week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tanmyaa! Like yourself, I am also anxious for this presentation and working on my PowerPoint. Best of luck to both of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tanmyaa!

    I'm glad to hear your project is almost done! It sounds like you've been working really hard on the loan deal- fifty slides is a lot! I look forward to reading about the culmination of all your hard work. :)

    Best,
    Gabby Wodka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanmyaa!
    Your project sounds great so far! Super excited to see what you finally come out with.
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tanmyaa! Your project has been very interesting so far. It's nice to hear that everything is coming together. Keep up the good work and good luck on your presentation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tanmyaa! Glad to hear that things are starting to wrap up; I definitely learned a lot through this process, and I'm sure I'll learn even more with your final presentation! I'll be sure to check out Slides Carnival.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tanmyaa!
    You sound so excited about your presentation! I can't wait to see it!
    Thanks for the pointer about Slides Carnival.
    Keep working hard!
    Jakob Krygier

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tanmyaa!I'm really excited about your presentation! Hope you do a good job! I bet Churchill really admires your hardwork.--Ismail Hamed 10

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tanmyaa!I'm really excited about your presentation! Hope you do a good job! I bet Churchill really admires your hardwork.--Ismail Hamed 10

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Tanmyaa,
    Don't worry about it being boring, you are going to do great! You have been very interesting thus far.
    -- Kenneth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tanmyaa! I broke the news about slide carnival to the grade, so you're welcome, it is indeed amazing. Nice progress! It looks like your presentation is going to be great

    ReplyDelete